Pixodust Games is a Brazilian game publisher specializing in casual games, known for titles such as Rocket Star, Idle Museum, Sports City, and Medieval Merge (www.pixodust.com).
Our corporate culture is built on a strategy of achieving excellence through the creation of outstanding games and the recruitment of top talent.
We are actively seeking individuals who will contribute to the development of our projects in a creative and stimulating work environment. Joining a small, high-performance team, you’ll collaborate to achieve optimal results, delivering exceptional experiences to millions of players worldwide. If you’re up for a challenging role and want to be part of this journey, come and join us!
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking a 2D/UI Artist with a nearly senior level of expertise, with an artistic approach and a critical eye. The ideal candidate should possess advanced technical skills and a great understanding about the principles of Concept and UI design within the mobile gaming industry. This role demands a strong ability to provide and receive constructive feedback while demonstrating leadership potential. The 2D/UI Artist is responsible for creating a variety of 2D game assets such as props and characters, as well as the visual interfaces of the game such as windows and popups, buttons, icons, and menus – both from early sketches/layouts to the final render stage. Therefore, they should possess solid skills in art and visual design, and a deep understanding about the flow of a game’s interface.
MAIN CROSS-FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Lead and contribute to the creation of visually compelling 2D/UI designs for mobile games.
- Demonstrate a critical approach towards artistic elements, ensuring alignment with the game’s vision.
- Take ownership of the 2D/UI design process, maintaining high standards of quality and innovation.
- Great artistic vision, and the ability to approach art holistically within a game project.
- Prototype, iterate, and finalize 2D assets and interface elements;
- Handle challenges, solving complex problems daily;
- Enhance the quality of assets and their organization within the project;
- Pay attention to the intelligibility, simplicity, and harmony of design elements that compose 2D assets and interfaces;
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the correct implementation of 2D assets and interfaces in the game, suggesting new solutions and process improvements;
- Document the implementation processes of art in every project.
- Reporting progress and adhering to the proposed development schedule.
- Advanced English proficiency, with good communication skills in English and Portuguese.
- Excellent teamwork communication, and willingness to learn and teach.
- Positive attitude, with ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Strong understanding of visual design, drawing and painting fundamentals.
- Experience with Illustration / Concept Art;
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop.
- Familiarity with game development pipelines.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Outstanding ability to estimate and meet agreed-upon deadlines with the team.
- Ease in solving problems in a creative and quick manner.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with mobile games;
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) for art production.
- Skill in creating visual feedback (animation, effects, etc).
This position can be performed remotely, in a hybrid model, or on-site.
- Apply for the position.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interviewing process.
- Selected candidates will participate in an Art Test.
- Final candidates will meet the team and go through final interviews.
- Decisions will be e-mailed right after.